Main menu

Pages

“The Valley”'s Jax Taylor Says He Believes He's the 'Definition' of a 'Narcissist': 'I Have to Humble Myself'

“The Valley”'s Jax Taylor Says He Believes He's the 'Definition' of a 'Narcissist': 'I Have to Humble Myself' https://ift.tt/kRos6hv

While Taylor acknowledges that "I am not a doctor, so I can't say that for sure," he said that he can't deny that he meets the criteria "by just looking up the definition"

<p>Michael Simon/Shutterstock</p> Jax Taylor

Michael Simon/Shutterstock

Jax Taylor

Jax Taylor is facing some hard truths.

On Taylor's latest solo episode of his and ex-wife Brittany Cartwright's When Reality Hits podcast, The Valley star, 45, acknowledged some of his problematic past behaviors while answering a fan question about whether he sees himself as a "narcissist."

“I’m going to be honest with this. Yes, I do agree," he admitted. "I’ve literally learned probably five new terms that I’ve never heard before that. I’m probably going to get in trouble for saying this, but I do all of them. I’ve done them all for years and I had no idea.”

Related: Jax Taylor Reveals Bipolar Disorder and PTSD Diagnoses After Mental Health Facility Stay: 'A Lot to Process'

<p>Casey Durkin/Bravo</p> (L) Brittany Cartwright and Jax Taylor on 'The Valley'

Casey Durkin/Bravo

(L) Brittany Cartwright and Jax Taylor on 'The Valley'

“I am a narcissist, yes. I breadcrumb, I love bomb [and do] gaslighting," Taylor continued, listing phrases and behaviors he recently learned. "I’m missing some but I do all these things. I had no idea there were terms for these things.”

“I look up the definition for all these new terms and I’m like, ‘Oh my God, I do that. I do that too,'" the reality star explained. "I don’t even know how to talk anymore without being labeled as one of these things. So yes, I have to humble myself and say, ‘Do you think you’re a narcissist?’ And I do. I don’t know how I became one."

While Taylor acknowledged that "I am not a doctor, so I can't say that for sure," the reality star shared he can't deny that he meets the criteria "by just looking up the definition."

Related: Jax Taylor Expresses Hope for 'Amicable' Split and Future Friendship with Ex Brittany Cartwright: It's 'All I Want'

<p>Charles Sykes/Bravo via Getty</p> Jax Taylor on 'Watch What Happens Live'

Charles Sykes/Bravo via Getty

Jax Taylor on 'Watch What Happens Live'

"I have to agree with people calling me a narcissist," he confessed. "I can’t fight them on that because I do have pretty much everything that’s labeled under a narcissist."

He added, “I’ve been this person for years and I had no idea. I was never held accountable for my actions for many years until recently — until people have had enough.”

Taylor's recent self discoveries come nearly two months after PEOPLE confirmed he entered an in-patient treatment center to focus on his mental health in late July.

Never miss a story — sign up for PEOPLE's free daily newsletter to stay up-to-date on the best of what PEOPLE has to offer​​, from celebrity news to compelling human interest stories. 

"Jax has always been candid about his mental health struggles, especially during the past few months on his podcast,” a representative for the Bravolebrity said at the time. "He has made the decision to seek in-patient treatment. This is a particularly sensitive time for him and his family. They ask for privacy and respect until he is ready to speak more on this matter."

Days after completing his 30-day treatment, Cartwright filed for divorce on Aug, 27 after four years of marriage, according to according to court documents obtained by PEOPLE. The documents list the couple’s date of separation as Jan. 24 and cite "irreconcilable differences" as the reason for the divorce.

Cartwright requested legal and physical custody of the couple’s 3-year-old son, Cruz Michael Cauchi, but asked that the court grant Taylor visitation rights. She also asked the court to terminate spousal support to both parties.

The filing came nearly six months after the couple announced their decision to take "time apart."

For more People news, make sure to sign up for our newsletter!

Read the original article on People.

Comments