Main menu

Pages

Kate Gosselin Asks for Prayers as She Rushes Dog Meika to Emergency Vet for the Second Time in 12 Hours

Kate Gosselin Asks for Prayers as She Rushes Dog Meika to Emergency Vet for the Second Time in 12 Hours https://ift.tt/mL1X7bf

“This is very very scary for all us,” the TV personality said

Kate Gosselin and her dog MeikaCredit: Kate Gosselin/Instagram
Kate Gosselin and her dog Meika
Credit: Kate Gosselin/Instagram


NEED TO KNOW

  • Kate Gosselin revealed in a Friday, July 24 TikTok video that her dog Meika is battling pneumonia
  • She revealed that the dog has been taken to a veterinarian twice in 12 hours
  • The former reality star asked her followers for prayers, calling the situation “very very scary” and expressing deep concern


Kate Gosselin is sharing that her dog, Meika, is suffering from respiratory issues.

The former Jon & Kate Plus 8 star, 51, posted a TikTok video on Friday, July 24, revealing that she has taken her dog Meika to the veterinarian twice in a 12-hour period. The TikTok included several snaps of Meika with the respective updates.

“We are on our way to the Emergency Vet in the ‘big city’ for the second time in 12 hours,” she said. “Meika vomited up some non toxic leaves last evening then began to have breathing problems.”

@kate.gosselin

♬ Sparrow on a Branch - Cardboard Boxes

“X-rays show pneumonia (Likely aspiration pneumonia), which they treated and sent us home,” Gosselin continued in the second photo. “She is still struggling bad this am and will not drink even a sip of water. She needs to be admitted and be hydrated at very least.”

The TV personality asked her followers to “please pray” for Meika. “This is very very scary for all us. I’m worried sick,” Gosselin wrote.

Gosselin added Meika to her family in June 2025, and recently celebrated the pup’s “gotcha day” with a TikTok video.

“She’s been mine for a year, and it’s been a wonderful year, and without crying I am so thankful I have her, because I had no idea I was going to lose my Nanuq that year, and I don’t know what I would have done without her,” Gosselin said in the June 20 video.

Six months before adopting Meika, Gosselin shared that her beloved dog Nanuq died in December 2025. She announced her dog’s death on Christmas, saying the family “suffered an unimaginable loss.”

“My soul girl, the rest of me passed away quickly in the car on our way home for Christmas,” Gosselin wrote over a picture of Nanuq. “I will spend the rest of my life missing you NuNu,” she added. “Life will never be the same. I loved you more than life itself. I’m so sorry I couldn’t save you.”

Kate Gosselin July 24, 2026 TikTok about her dog MeikaCredit: Kate Gosselin/TikTok
Kate Gosselin July 24, 2026 TikTok about her dog Meika
Credit: Kate Gosselin/TikTok

In May 2026, Gosselin announced she adopted a new dog, Koda, with her boyfriend and former bodyguard, Steve Neild. Shortly after adopting Koda, Gosselin posted a divisive video in which she shared a tearful update about the “pressure,” “strain and stress” she was feeling about raising Koda.

“I was just crying this morning,” Gosselin began her video. “I’m tired. It’s getting to be a lot, which makes me sound like a baby, but the truth is, I’ve just been on watch constantly hoping nothing, you know, happens and watching them all the time.” Going on, Gosselin compared managing the two dogs’ schedules and lifestyles to raising her eight children, before adding, “I am 51 now. I’m not 29, 30. So it’s just gotten to be a lot.”



Never miss a story — sign up for PEOPLE’s free daily newsletter to stay up-to-date on the best of what PEOPLE has to offer, from celebrity news to compelling human interest stories.



As she adapted to life with Koda, Gosselin also chose to get a DNA test for her new dog. In late June, she announced that the test results revealed that Koda is 53% Belgian Malinois, 38.7% Dutch Shepherd and 8.3% German Shepherd. 

“I was so shocked,” she said. “I, like, literally cried tears of joy, no offense, that she wasn’t 100% Malinois. Like, I was so relieved,” she said, referring to her previous beliefs that her pup was full Malinois.

You are now in the first article

Comments