Main menu

Pages

Demi Moore Reveals the Important Life Lessons She’s Learned from Her 3 Daughters

Demi Moore Reveals the Important Life Lessons She’s Learned from Her 3 Daughters https://ift.tt/TW2KIeL

Moore shares daughters Rumer, Scout and Tallulah Willis with ex-husband Bruce Willis

From left: Tallulah Willis, Rumer Willis, Demi Moore and Scout Willis at the 2025 Vanity Fair Oscar PartyCredit: Stefanie Keenan/VF25/WireImage
From left: Tallulah Willis, Rumer Willis, Demi Moore and Scout Willis at the 2025 Vanity Fair Oscar Party
Credit: Stefanie Keenan/VF25/WireImage


NEED TO KNOW

  • Demi Moore reflected on how her three daughters, Rumer, Scout and Tallulah Willis, have helped her learn more about herself at Step Up’s 2026 Annual Inspiration Awards in Los Angeles on Sept. 25
  • “I think that the greatest gift that they have given me is a foundation of love,” she said
  • The actress believes in giving her children space to be themselves while offering unconditional love and support


Demi Moore is a bit wiser thanks to her children, Rumer, Scout and Tallulah Willis.

The Substance star, 63, reflected on how her daughters, whom she shares with ex-husband Bruce Willis, have helped her learn more about herself during a panel discussion with Ali Larter at an event on Friday, Sept. 25.

“I feel like I’ve learned from day one about acceptance. I think that the greatest gift that they have given me is a foundation of love,” the actress said of her kids at Step Up’s 2026 Annual Inspiration Awards in Los Angeles.

Moore went on to share that she “didn’t grow up with a very stable childhood.” She previously revealed in her memoir Inside Out that her parents battled alcoholism and often moved the family across the country to evade debt collectors.

From left: Scout Willis, Tallulah Willis, Demi Moore and Rumer Willis at the Los Angeles premiere of ‘The Substance’ on Sept. 16, 2024Credit: Chad Salvador/Variety via Getty
From left: Scout Willis, Tallulah Willis, Demi Moore and Rumer Willis at the Los Angeles premiere of ‘The Substance’ on Sept. 16, 2024
Credit: Chad Salvador/Variety via Getty

“And being able to have my children see and accept me for who I am, they are, as always, our greatest teachers, our biggest challenges, dare I say,” Moore continued. “But I think that’s it.”

“I feel like maybe it’s a fair question you could ask my daughter right here,” she added, referring to Tallulah, who attended the event. 

Moore’s relationship with her daughters was strained in the years following her split from Ashton Kutcher, a period she later addressed in her memoir. But the family worked through their difficulties, and Moore and her daughters ultimately grew closer. 

Tallulah, 32, has spoken candidly about her mother’s strength, saying she both admires and sometimes feels intimidated by it.

“I don’t think my mom was raised, she was forged,” Tallulah said on Facebook’s Red Table Talk in 2019. “You know, like, she was made. And the strength that comes from that is intimidating, and it’s scary.”

From left: Rumer Willis, Demi Moore, Tallulah Willis and Scout Willis attend Moore’s ‘Inside Out’ book party in Los Angeles on Sept. 23, 2019Credit: Stefanie Keenan/Getty
From left: Rumer Willis, Demi Moore, Tallulah Willis and Scout Willis attend Moore’s ‘Inside Out’ book party in Los Angeles on Sept. 23, 2019
Credit: Stefanie Keenan/Getty

“I think we deified her,” Tallulah continued, as older sister Rumer, 38, nodded in agreement. “I think she was this larger-than-life being, and she was — I mean, I’m completely obsessed with her. Like, I love her more than anything.”



Never miss a story — sign up for PEOPLE’s free daily newsletter to stay up-to-date on the best of what PEOPLE has to offer, from celebrity news to compelling human interest stories.



For Moore, being a mother has also meant learning when to step in — and when to give her children space. During a 2024 appearance on The Jennifer Hudson Show, the Ghost star said she views a mother’s duty as being a “manager” while ultimately allowing her children to live their own lives.

“For me, I feel like my job is just to love my children and to give them the room to be who they are,” she explained. “Rescuing our children, which is our intuitive instinct, isn’t always the best thing. You have to give them the room.”

Comments