The country star is currently on the road for her Cloud 9 Tour, which wraps in October
:max_bytes(150000):strip_icc():format(jpeg)/Megan-Moroney-cosmopolitan-072426-b08b573ae79a42aa9e991351a82112ee.jpg)
Credit: Rona Liana Ahdout for Cosmopolitan
NEED TO KNOW
- Megan Moroney says her Cloud 9 Tour has been distraction-free, allowing her to focus on herself and her goals
- The singer plans to reenter the dating scene after her tour ends in October, just in time for cuffing season
- Moroney revealed past relationships impacted her career and shared that her dog has brought her peace and happiness
Megan Moroney is ready for cuffing season.
In a cover story interview published in Cosmopolitan, the country star opened up about her plans to get back into the dating scene after her Cloud 9 Tour wraps.
“It’s really nice that this is one of the first tours I’ve been on where I’m not dating anyone, so I literally have no distractions,” the “Am I Okay?” singer, 28, told the outlet. “And that sounds really silly, but there have been a lot of big moments and fun times that have been ruined by a guy for me. It’s nice to just have a clear head.”
She continued, “I’m learning what I like and what I don’t like and what my goals are. It’s been cool to be so disciplined with my routines, to see what I’m capable of when everything is going like it’s supposed to.”
Further reflecting on her dating life, Moroney said there’s “something about having a crush that’s exciting.”
“When my tour wraps up in October, when I’m back from Europe, I’ll maybe be on the prowl again,” she said.
“It’ll be fall. It’ll be cuffing season, but right now, it’s been so nice to have my friends and family out [with me] and that not be an aspect of my life that is any sort of problem for me,” Moroney continued.
Her song, “Hello of a Show,” is about having her “biggest headlining tour yet” — and it “being ruined” by a man.

Credit: Kevin Mazur/Getty
“I’m crying right before I go onstage,” she explained. “Life is peaceful. I got a dog in February. That’s what I needed all along—no man, a dog.”
The “Tennessee Orange” singer will wrap her Cloud 9 Tour, which is in support of her latest studio album with the same name, on Oct. 1 in Belfast.
On the dating front, Moroney was recently linked to fellow country singer Riley Green. When she released Cloud 9, fans speculated her song “Who Hurt You?” was about Green because of its lyrics.
In November of last year, Moroney was linked to NFL star Nick Bosa, but she told PEOPLE in a digital cover story that she wasn’t dating “at all” and she was “too busy.”
Comments
Post a Comment