The singer was previously divorced twice
:max_bytes(150000):strip_icc():format(jpeg)/Chaka-Khan-082526-1-e751558a76bf4353b3418fc3e6ce5308.jpg)
Credit: Robin L Marshall/Getty
NEED TO KNOW
- Chaka Khan says she’s not interested in marriage again, calling herself “partnered out” after two divorces
- Her new album Chakzilla releases Sept. 18, featuring collaborations with Snoop Dogg and three singles already shared
- A musical about her life, I’m Every Woman, is running in London through Sept. 27
Wedding bells aren’t in Chaka Khan‘s near future.
Speaking with The Observer on Thursday, Aug. 20, the “Through the Fire” singer discussed her upcoming album Chakzilla. On the title track, Khan sings about “waiting all of my life for this moment” — and the interviewer asked her to get specific.
“I don’t want to discuss that, because if I talk too much about what I would like to have, somebody will try to arrange it for me,” Khan, 73, said.
“So I’m just going to mosey along and let life do what it do. One of them is not necessarily a partner,” she continued.
Khan concluded, “I’m not looking for that. I’m partnered out.”
The star married Hassan Khan in 1970 when she was 17, but they divorced a year later. She welcomed daughter Indira, 52, with Rahsaan Morris in 1973. Then, in 1976, she married Richard Holland and they divorced in 1980. Khan shares son Damien with Holland.
Elsewhere in the interview, the “I Feel for You” singer rejected the notion she was straight when asked about her support for the LGBTQ+ community throughout her career.
“A straight icon? What’s the straight part?” Khan asked the reporter. “What do you mean, straight in what way?”

Credit: Christopher Polk/Billboard via Getty
When the reporter clarified “heterosexual,” she responded, “Am I? How do you know what the f--- I am? I don’t ever share that part of my life. That’s nobody’s business but mine.”
Khan continued, “I am for everybody.”
Khan’s new album, Chakzilla, is set for release on Sept. 18. In addition, a musical about her life and career, I’m Every Woman, is running in London through Sept. 27.
Ahead of the Chakzilla release, Khan unveiled three singles so far: the title track, “Boogie’s in My Soul” with Snoop Dogg and “Curious Subject.”
Comments
Post a Comment