Main menu

Pages

Miranda Lambert Denies Rumor She Punched Nickelback’s Chad Kroeger but Admits She ‘Threw Moonshine on His Face’

Miranda Lambert Denies Rumor She Punched Nickelback’s Chad Kroeger but Admits She ‘Threw Moonshine on His Face’ https://ift.tt/YdCDhqe

In a recent ‘Popcast’ interview, the country singer was asked about an alleged fight with the Nickelback frontman in 2010



NEED TO KNOW

  • Miranda Lambert said the incident with Chad Kroeger in 2010 happened during a late night when “no one was in their best state”
  • “I don’t know if we’re fine now — but I don’t care,” the country star said of Kroeger
  • Blake Shelton previously alluded to the encounter in a 2014 Rolling Stone cover story


Miranda Lambert is setting the record straight.

During an appearance on The New York Times‘ Popcast on Thursday, Oct. 1, the “Bluebird” singer was asked about an alleged bar fight with Nickelback’s frontman Chad Kroeger in 2010.

“True or false: you hit Chad Kroeger in the face,” co-host Joe Coscarelli asked.

In response, the country star admitted she was “nervous” — but she answered the question anyway.

Miranda Lambert and Chad KroegerCredit: Michael Buckner/Variety via Getty; Vito Amati/The David Foster Foundation via Getty
Miranda Lambert and Chad Kroeger
Credit: Michael Buckner/Variety via Getty; Vito Amati/The David Foster Foundation via Getty

“I threw moonshine on his face,” Lambert, 42, said candidly. “I did do that.”

Then, co-host Jon Caramanica asked what his hair looked like — and Lambert said she “wrecked it.”

“It was just a late night, and no one was in their best state,” she said.

When asked if it was “playful and mischievous,” Lambert assured it wasn’t.

“I don’t know if we’re fine now — but I don’t care,” she said.

In a Rolling Stone cover story in 2014, Lambert’s then-husband and fellow country star Blake Shelton alluded to the alleged fight.

“People always try to pop off or call her bluff at bars,” Shelton, 50, said at the time. “One of them I don’t want to say the guy’s name, but he’s the lead singer of a very popular rock band.”

Miranda Lambert in Frisco, Texas in May 2024Credit: John Shearer/Getty
Miranda Lambert in Frisco, Texas in May 2024
Credit: John Shearer/Getty

He continued, “His initials are C.K.”

The “Kerosene” singer appeared on the podcast ahead of the release of her new album Crisco, which is a combination of country and disco, on Friday, Oct. 2.

Elsewhere in the interview, Lambert said she began writing the songs on the album “for fun” and it turned into a full-length project.

“23 years in the industry earned me some creative freedom,” she said. “I wanted to use strings. I never recorded with strings. We cranked it out. It was one of the most joyful times in the studio I’ve ever had.”

Comments