Main menu

Pages

Witney Carson Addresses Fan Speculation She Wants to Go Home, Says She’s ‘Truly Grateful’ to Stay on “Dancing with the Stars”

Witney Carson Addresses Fan Speculation She Wants to Go Home, Says She’s ‘Truly Grateful’ to Stay on “Dancing with the Stars” https://ift.tt/2UE1k0X

The two-time Mirrorball champion is competing while pregnant with her third child

Guillermo Rodriguez and Witney Carson on ‘Dancing with the Stars’ on Sept. 29, 2026Credit: Disney/Ser Baffo
Guillermo Rodriguez and Witney Carson on ‘Dancing with the Stars’ on Sept. 29, 2026
Credit: Disney/Ser Baffo


NEED TO KNOW

  • Witney Carson has a message for those who claim she wants to be eliminated from DWTS
  • “I am truly so grateful to continue on in this competition week after week with Guillermo,” she said in a TikTok shared on Wednesday, Sept. 30
  • The two-time Mirrorball champion is competing while pregnant with her third child


Witney Carson is addressing fans’ speculation that she wants to be eliminated from Dancing with the Stars. 

Since the premiere of season 35 of DWTS, Carson, 32, and her partner Guillermo Rodriguez have been among the last three couples standing during the show’s eliminations. The pair have consistently been among the lowest-scoring couples, but fan votes have kept them in the competition. 

Carson’s reactions during the elimination rounds have led viewers to speculate that the pro, who is currently pregnant with her third child, is ready to be sent home. After the Sept. 29 episode of DWTS, the two-time Len Goodman Mirrorball champion took to social media to address the rumors. 

Guillermo Rodriguez and Witney Carson on ‘Dancing with the Stars’ on Sept. 29, 2026Credit: Disney/Ser Baffo
Guillermo Rodriguez and Witney Carson on ‘Dancing with the Stars’ on Sept. 29, 2026
Credit: Disney/Ser Baffo

“Every week, Guillermo and I have been put in the bottom three, which doesn’t necessarily mean all those couples have the lowest votes. But it does mean that you don’t get to celebrate that you’re safe. You only get to hear who’s going home,” Carson said in a TikTok shared on Wednesday, Sept. 30. “So my face, what you’re seeing, is genuinely sad for the people going home. And then excitement, obviously. So those two emotions are existing at once.”

Carson went on to say that she is “very happy” that she and Rodriguez, 55, are moving forward in the competition. “I think it goes without saying, but here I am saying it,” she said. “I am truly so grateful to continue on in this competition week after week with Guillermo because he really deserves it. He is genuinely a kind person. He genuinely wants to get better. He never gives up.” 

“Anytime I’m resting in rehearsals, he’s practicing. Anytime we’re at TVC [Television City Studios], and we’re just hanging out, he’s practicing,” Carson continued. “What you see on Tuesdays is his very best. And I think there’s a lot to say about someone who may not have the skills but is willing to learn and put in the work.”

Guillermo Rodriguez and Witney Carson on ‘Dancing with the Stars’ on Sept. 29, 2026Credit: Disney/Ser Baffo
Guillermo Rodriguez and Witney Carson on ‘Dancing with the Stars’ on Sept. 29, 2026
Credit: Disney/Ser Baffo

The DWTS pro also thanked fans for their concern about her and her baby’s health, but assured them that she knows how far she can push her body. “Dancing, I’ve done for a very long time,” Carson said. “I have no reserve when it comes to speaking out about physically overdoing it, which I do not feel that way at all.”



Never miss a story — sign up for PEOPLE’s free daily newsletter to stay up-to-date on the best of what PEOPLE has to offer, from celebrity news to compelling human interest stories.



She explained that the showrunners are “more than willing” to accommodate her and her needs, but for right now, the dancer said she’s feeling “really good.”

“I’m more tired than usual, but when I’m not rehearsing, I’m resting,” Carson said. “So I’m doing all the things that my doctor has approved of so you guys can rest easy.”

After announcing her third pregnancy on Good Morning America, Carson told PEOPLE that she was “so incredibly grateful” to become a mom again. Carson and her husband Carson McAllister have two children: sons Leo, 5, and Jet, 3. 

Carson said that as long as she and her baby were okay, she would compete on DWTS. “I love both,” she said. “And so if I can do both, then that’s what I want to do.”

On Monday, Sept. 21, the couple revealed on social media that they are having another baby boy. “We couldn’t be happier or feel more blessed with all these boys,” Carson wrote in the caption. “I love being a boy mom. My greatest honor in life is to raise them.”

Speaking exclusively to PEOPLE at the DWTS premiere on Sept. 15, Carson shared that her pregnancy hasn’t changed her approach to the competition, except for one thing. 

“Well, I get right into slippers immediately. So that’s number one for me. I get out of the heels,” she said. “Honestly, mentally it’s no different for me this season. It’s not in my blood to not do well. So, I work hard, play hard, perform hard. I just, I don’t know anything else.”

“We’re treating this exactly like any other season,” Carson noted. “Just listening to my body and making sure the baby’s healthy. That’s the most important.”

Dancing with the Stars airs Tuesdays at 8 p.m. ET on ABC.

Comments